Featured Staff Member: Jessica Boustani
Meet Jessica, RAM’s Administrative Assistant. Jessica has been at RAM for more than 5 years.
1. Tell us about your role at RAM.
In 2014, I was offered a part time position with RAM where I was helping our Principals, Joe and Ziad, with invoicing, filing and organization. Back then I was working in Ziad’s spare bedroom as RAM did not have an office yet. RAM began to grow, really fast, and I helped move into our first downtown office around a year later. I continued to help settle the office in and support the expanding team until we outgrew that office, and moved to our new office in 2019. I am now part of the HR team but also support both the accounting and Admin teams. I mostly focus on onboarding and maintaining all the HR and personal files. I really enjoy having the opportunity to work with people from all our different departments.
2. What is your favourite part about working at RAM?
My favourite part of working at RAM is definitely the people. To be surrounded by such a diverse group who are so smart and willing to help each other creates a unique work atmosphere. It’s fun to work with a team that genuinely enjoys each other’s company and what they do.
3. What advice would you give to recent new hires?
My advice to new hires is to be open. Open to new learning opportunities, to new experiences, to achieving different goals and objectives, to making mistakes, to accepting help from others, and to growing personally and in your career. This is the type of environment that supports your goals and welcomes new aspirations. You just need to be open to the opportunities and jump on them when they arise.
4. What are 3 career lessons you’ve learned this far?
- Be adaptable. Being in the middle of RAMs growth spurt, it is important to be ready to face any challenges as each day can be completely different from the last.
- Be resourceful. Google is your friend. Using your own techniques to solve a problem can help you better understand the issue and solution, giving you the confidence to tackle that problem again. However, if you’ve exhausted all your options….
- Asking for help is okay! If you need help or are unclear about instructions, always ask for clarification.
5. What do you like to do on your days off?
I love to read. I’m always open to book suggestions to add to my ever growing need-to-read list. I also love a good concert and finding new artists to listen to or watching live sporting event.