How the program works
Developers with six lots or greater contract directly with RAM instead of BC Hydro for their electrical distribution design. RAM provides up-front cost estimate for the project.
Note: The Developer can utilize RAM’s Civil Design Team to save up to 4 months of coordination on the delivery of the project.
RAM’s experienced team of Professional Engineers and Designers create a custom and cost effective solution that aligns with BC Hydro standards.
RAM works with BC Hydro’s list of pre-approved vendors and contractors to effectively deliver the project to budget and schedule.
If requested, RAM can provide Quality Control Services onsite for construction.
RAM provides updated progress reports during project construction, while continuously identifying cost efficiencies for the client.
RAM requests and conducts a review on their performance to better service the client in the future.
Eligibility criteria for the program
- Contains 6 or more horizontal units/lots
(vertically stacked condominiums are not
- Fee-owned or strata developments
- Located in the Lower Mainland or Vancouver Island
- Serviced at secondary voltage from BC Hydro underground transformers
- Expedited project delivery (up to 4 months)
- Integrated Civil and Electrical design in house
- Personalized and cost-effective solutions
- Eliminate up-front fees from engaging BC Hydro directly
- Reduced coordination conflicts by leveraging RAM’s existing relationships with BC Hydro and their approved contractors
Integration of Civil and Electrical
The integration of land development and electrical services provides clear benefits to developers/clients, architects, and third parties involved in construction. When you choose RAM as your design consultant, all municipal installations (storm, sanitary and water utilities), and roadworks can be planned
and designed concurrently with underground electrical infrastructure. This allows for optimization of construction timelines to include multiple utilities and reduces construction costs.