Kicking Horse Canyon Constructors
Kicking Horse Canyon Constructors, selected by the Province of British Columbia to design and build the project, is a joint venture comprised of Aecon, Parsons Corporation and Emil Anderson Construction.
Phase 4 of the Kicking Horse Canyon Project lies between the previously completed Phase 3 and Phase 1 sections. The project will:
- Upgrade approximately 4.8 kilometres of highway through the most challenging section of the canyon to improve safety.
- Realign 13 curves and widen the highway to four lanes with median barrier and wider shoulders to accommodate cyclists.
- Mitigate rock fall and avalanche hazards with bridges, rock catchment ditches and other measures.
- Add wildlife exclusion fencing and wildlife passage opportunities to reduce vehicle-animal collisions.
Three phases of work have already been completed with phase 4 “Canyon” section as the last and most difficult part of the entire Kicking Horse Canyon Project.
Plan, prepare, execute, report, and follow-up for Quality Audits of compliance to the project’s:
- Design Quality Management Plan
- Construction Quality Management Plan
- Traffic Quality Management Plan
- Environmental Quality Management Plan
- Health and Safety Quality Management Plan