Broadway Subway Constructors General Partnership
The project consists of a 5.7 km extension of the SkyTrain Millennium Line, From VCC-Clark Station to Broadway and Arbutus Street.
RAM has been providing geotechnical services for the proposed Broadway Subway. Our services to this date have included the following:
Arbutus Station and Crossover:
- Design of the temporary excavation shoring system for 380 metres long excavations with heights ranging from 10 to 18 metres. Various temporary shoring systems have been considered that that would suit the site conditions and restrictions within different areas). These systems included design of soil anchors, pipe piles, secant piles, and struts;
- Design of support for two water mains with diameters of 1200 mm and 1800 mm;
- Design of traffic decks supports in order to allow for safe traffic flow on Broadway during construction of this station;
- Design of robust dewatering system during construction; and
- Preparation of a Construction Risk and Impact Assessment Report (CRIAR) with potential impacts of construction on the nearby existing buildings, utilities, roads and recommendations for instrumentation and monitoring that should be carried out during construction of this station.
- Design of temporary excavation shoring system for the Muck Pit area that would be used to temporarily store site excavated materials from the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM);
- Engineering analysis and providing recommendations for bearing capacity, settlement, and subgrade preparation for the storage silos that would store materials that is used during TBM operation and construction;
- Engineering analysis and providing subgrade preparation recommendations for the scaffolding that would be supporting the elevated guideway during construction;
- Engineering analysis and providing subgrade preparation recommendations for the girder support;
- Engineering analysis and providing subgrade preparation recommendations for the girder installation crawler cranes;
- Preparation of dewatering design drawings and review construction for five other stations; and
- Field reviews during construction for subgrades of pad footings for temporary deck bridge for four stations.