Property, Buildings and Facilities
Geotechnical investigations and foundation assessments for the Braid Street to Lougheed Mall Skytrain corridor of Greater Vancouver’s rapid transit system were carried out in 1999.
Services provided included:
- Supervision and coordination of field investigation
- Interpretation of subsurface conditions
- Liquefaction assessment of Brunette River alluvial deposits
- Slope stability analyses of existing Highway 1 embankments
- Analysis and assessment of pile and spread footing designs
These services provided geotechnical information for the design-build tender documents. This portion of the Skytrain alignment has since been successfully constructed and is presently in service.