The South Fraser Perimeter Road Project Electrical works included the removals of existing streetlights and signals contained within the future road allowance, as well as the installation and activation of numerous new signals, streetlights, and ITS conduit to be utilized in the future. The $18.1 million scope included the installation of:
- 38 km of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) conduit
- 7 Signalized traffic intersections
- Streetlighting for interchanges and intersections
- 40 permanent electrical services
- 5 temporary traffic signals (with detour programming) and streetlighting
RAM was retained by the joint venture, FTG Constructors, to engage in design review, scheduling & coordinating, contract administration, and services design and planning. RAM worked with BC Hydro to fast track the application and connection of the electrical services.