The Canada Line connects downtown Vancouver with existing heavy rail lines, bus services, commuter rails, sea buses and the airport. The driverless system includes eight underground lines, of which six are elevated and two are at-grade stations, as well as an operations and maintenance center. The Canada Line Project is a public-private partnership operating as part of a network of public transit services in metropolitan Vancouver.
RAM performed Construction Management Services including managing subcontractors prequalification and tender process, schedule management, value engineering, and handover for the Operations and Maintenance Center for the Canada Line located in Richmond. Scope of work included:
- Managing all the earth works including retaining walls and removal of contaminated material. Completed all grading and ballast install for the rail yard;
- Managing the design and construction of all building site servicing including drainage and utility connection services (water, sewer, gas BC Hydro, and fiber optic);
- Assisting in accelerating the project schedule by three months;
- Managing self-perform crews and subcontractors to complete all the flatworks including curbs, sidewalks, bollards; and
- Tendered and managed landscaping, fencing and other minor works