Project Management, Engineering
FortisBC required professional engineering services for the design, construction and maintenance of natural gas transmission and gathering pipelines and associated facilities to accommodate the expansion, maintenance and integrity of the transmission, and gathering pipeline systems. This included technical services for engineering activities or project requirements, ensuring sound application of engineering and industry practices, technological advancements and identification and recommendation of effective business solutions to support departmental and FortisBC corporate objectives.
RAM provided engineering support to provide guidance, technical support, and project management to designers, planners, drafters and other stakeholders at FortisBC. This included the following responsibilities:
- Completing pipeline and facility designs and calculations in accordance with CSA Z662 and ASME B31.3.
- Completing assessments for municipalities and other third parties to work in proximity or directly above transmission or distribution pipelines.
- Completing different levels of cost estimates to advise FortisBC on spending decisions.
- Developing technical specifications in accordance with FortisBC Standards, Specifications and project requirements
- Reviewing and sealing technical drawings and assessments
- Reviewing and providing technical input on RFP Packages, as well as providing technical review and advice during the bid evaluations
- Conducting site surveys and inspections as the EOR
- Providing owners representative project management services