Project Management, Engineering
FortisBC requires professional engineering services for the design, construction and maintenance of natural gas transmission and gathering pipelines and associated facilities to accommodate the expansion, maintenance and integrity of the transmission and gathering pipeline systems. This includes technical services for engineering activities or project requirements, ensuring sound application of engineering and industry practices, technological advancements and identification and recommendation of effective business solutions to support departmental and FortisBC corporate objectives.
RAM provided engineering support to provide guidance, technical support, and project management to designers, planners, drafters and other stakeholders at FortisBC. This included the following responsibilities:
- Complete pipeline and facility designs and calculations in accordance with CSA Z662 and ASME B31.3.
- Complete assessments for municipalities and other third parties to work in proximity or directly above transmission or distribution pipelines.
- Complete different levels of cost estimates to advise FortisBC on spending decisions.
- Develop technical specifications in accordance with FortisBC Standards, Specifications and project requirements
- Review and seal technical drawings and assessments
- Review and provide technical input on RFP Packages, as well as provide technical review and advice during the bid evaluations
- Conduct site surveys and inspections as the EOR
- Provide owners representative project management services