The project consist of the construction of a new Powerhouse Facility capable of providing up to 8MW of backup power in the event of an outage. The scope includes construction of a new powerhouse, installation of diesel generators, construction of underground diesel vault and fuel delivery system, bumpless transfer from the generators back to BC Hydro upon power return, and construction of a new security Gate House for Watershed staff.
RAM is providing construction management services for this project. Our services to this date have included the following:
- Construction Managers overseeing works on behalf of Metro Vancouver. Coordinating efforts between Metro Vancouver, their EOR, and the general contractor.
- Construction scopes each include Civil, Structural (both steel frame and reinforced concrete structures), Electrical and Mechanical work packages.
- Structuring RFI efforts between EOR and General Contractor and implementing document control procedures.
- Weekly and Monthly reporting. Providing analysis and commentary on General Contractors end-of-month schedule and budget submissions.
- Chairing and minuting Weekly Project Coordination meetings, weekly Construction Engineering Services meetings, weekly Environmental and Safety walks, and other meetings.
- Supporting Metro Vancouver and their EOR during commissioning efforts.
- Managing project close-out and handover of all QC records.