City of Richmond
RAM was retained by the City of Richmond to provide Engineering Inspection Services to their Public Works division to ensure work by contractors or City employees conforms with contracts, plans, specifications, municipal standards, regulations, bylaws and related requirements. The projects included sanitary, storm, water, roads, dikes, street lighting and other municipal infrastructure and utility projects.
RAM’s inspectors acted as a representative for the City in the field, and was responsible for interacting with the public, overseeing and inspecting work performed by others on City property. Typical duties performed included the following:
- Inspecting the installation of private underground utilities, ditch infills, dike construction/modifications, culvert/bridge installations and any other projects as assigned
- Ensuring all works done are in accordance with design drawings, MMCD and regulatory bodies and verifying accuracy of red-line drawings
- Maintaining daily inspection reports and journals, including construction photos, on standard City documents and formats
- Monitoring safety and traffic control around construction sites
- Any other Inspection items necessary to successfully complete the Work