RAM was retained by FortisBC, to perform detailed integrity/maintenance inspections of several pipelines spanning bridge and aerial crossings. The services were conducted on or in close proximity to live gas pipelines, over environmentally sensitive water bodies and on active bridges belonging to third parties such as Districts, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI), and the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.
As part of the services, FortisBC required touch up painting activities, as determined during the inspection.
The inspections included the following observations:
- Condition of ground entry points
- Corrosion of pits, specific location(s),
- Condition of Pipe Supports
- Condition of Spring Hangers and Structural Brackets
- Vibrations (if observed) due to External Forces
- Condition of pipe coating and surface, such as peeling, blistering, rust
- Pipe alignment
- Condition of Pipe / tower / cable anchors
- Aerial Crossing Supporting Tower
- Leakage (due to corrosion or damage)