Transportation Investment Corporation
Project Management, Construction Management
The George Massey Project is a Design-Build project that will connect Delta and Richmond B.C. The new eight-lane immersed tube tunnel (ITT) will replace the existing 4-lane George Massey Tunnel which will improve transit, cycling and walking connections across the Fraser River.
RAM was retained to provide Marine Construction Advisory services to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) through the project development, procurement, and construction phases of the project. Our scope includes but is not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring the Project’s Budget and Master Schedule.
- Assist Owner in meeting its Project Permit obligations in a timely fashion.
- Review monthly Project costs and complete monthly Cash Flow Analysis (e.g. forecasts and trends) to confirm Project is on budget.
- Manage the execution of RFP’s and RFQ’s for all construction work packages and engineering equipment to align with Contractor’s schedule.
- Provide detailed advice on the behaviour of the Fraser River, its ground conditions, and execute a full environmental assessment.
- Engage and manage Stakeholders (Indigenous groups, Metro Vancouver, municipalities, and Translink).
- Manage and expedite Owner supplied Services, Material and Equipment.
- Identify risks and their impacts and implement a corresponding risk management plan.
- Complete oversight of all construction works, including contract administration, schedule, safety, quality, and environmental aspects.