New Westminster Interceptor on Front St. was built 20 years ago. It takes overflow from the Sapperton Pump Station. The hatches of this sewer main were not designed to the desired pressure and therefore need to be replaced. The project has 2 phases. The first phase of the work involves welding 4 existing hatches closed. The second phase of the project requires repairing, replacing or abandoning all 19 manholes along Front St. The project has several complications:
- Front St. is a busy truck route. PH1 work can only be done during night shift and PH2 work needs to align with the Pattullo Bridge Project; and
- The diversion route of sewer on Columbia St. is also under construction.
RAM was retained by Metro Vancouver to provide Project Management services in the following
- Construction Tendering (as required, construction could be done internally);
- Coordination of Traffic Management Plans;
- Stakeholder Management including Pattullo Bridge Project, the municipality of New Westminster, and internal Metro Vancouver staff; and
- Project cost and schedule control.