Project Management, Construction Management
As part of the expansion and upgrade to the Burnaby Transit Center (BTC), TransLink completed multiple projects on the south and north areas of the BTC. The project consisted of a total of 5 Scopes of Work which included:
- Seismic retrofitting for the facility requiring new foundations, upgrading the existing lateral resisting system, new columns and roof bracing;
- Extension of the fleet overhaul maintenance bays
- New bus wash facilities
- Tire shop extension and hoist pit retrofits
- Fuel island ventilation system with new structural, mechanical and electrical upgrades
RAM was contracted by TransLink to provide supporting project management and construction management services including:
- Reviewing work quantities for percentage of completion for progress pay estimate purposes.
- Reviewing change order requests and providing recommendations.
- Validating time for labour, equipment and material used as part of any time and material contract work.
- Reviewing Project RFI’s and facilitating responses.
- Attending daily Contractor toolbox and weekly construction meetings
- Reporting construction activities to TransLink Project Manager