Fortis Energy Inc.
Quality Management, Inspection, Safety Management
A 20-inch gas line on the Pattullo Bridge ensures more than 35,000 homes and businesses in New Westminster, Burnaby and Coquitlam receive the natural gas that they count on every day.
The British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is preparing to replace the Pattullo Bridge. The Ministry’s design standards do not permit a gas line on the new bridge, so FortisBC is building six (6) kilometers of new gas line in Burnaby.
The Pattullo Gas Line Replacement project includes the following work:
- Installation of approximately 5.7 km of NPS20 of IP pipeline of maximum operating pressure (MOP) 2070 kPa;
- Tie-ins to the existing Fortis IP gas lines in Burnaby, BC;
- Construction of a pressure reducing station at the end of the IP NGL Feed of NPS20; and
- Trenchless construction including HDD and Auger Bore installation methods.
RAM’s Role was to provide Project Services to oversee the on-site construction work being performed by Fortis’ Contractors on behalf of Fortis including
- Inspections services
- Quality Assurance services
- Safety Management
- Project Administration
- Permit Compliance Monitoring
- Project Controls
- Project Management
- Turnover Coordination