Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Transportation, Property, Buildings and Facilities
The Project is a component of the Highway 99 Tunnel Program and will be delivered in advance of the crossing works. The Project will address many of the safety, congestion, and mobility challenges at the interchange for all modes of travel, as follows:
- Upgrade the interchange to be consistent with modern design standards.
- Reduce vehicle queues for northbound off-ramp traffic and transit to Steveston.
- Improve transit operations at the interchange.
- Provide new cycling and pedestrian connections along Steveston Highway across Highway 99.
- Improve mobility for east-west traffic on Steveston Highway.
RAM was retained by MoTI to provide project Quality Management services, ensuring that the Quality Management System requirements for the Project are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard. RAM’s role included:
- Development and implementation of the ministry’s Quality Plan and related procedures to ensure an effective project quality management system.
- Reviewing/accepting Design Builder Quality Management Plans and records including Inspection and Test Plans and work plans to ensure contract compliance.
- Monitoring and auditing daily site work activities to ensure compliance with the Design Builder’s quality management plans, procedures, work plans and inspections and test plans.
- Act as an expert resource and primary representative for the ministry on all matters relating to quality management.
- Supporting the ministry’s site personnel (Project Manager, Construction Mangers, and Field Representatives) in issuing/communicating opportunities for improvement and nonconformance as an output from field surveillance and audits.
- Champion of continuous improvement and collaboration with the Design Builder and End User to prevent reoccurrence of rework or deficiency items and actively working with all stakeholders to close out deficiencies.
- Auditing ongoing work to ensure records are complete and accurate in preparation for project completion.