Project Management, Construction Management
FortisBC upgraded their existing natural gas system in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia through the Lower Mainland Intermediate Pressure System Upgrade (LMIPSU) project. The LMIPSU project replaced approximately 20 km of existing intermediate pressure gas line that reached the end of its service life, with a new 30 inch gas line. The new line runs from FortisBC’s Coquitlam Station in Coquitlam, through Burnaby, to FortisBC’s Woodland Station in Vancouver.
Due to this project, there were over 2000 conflicts between the proposed replacement gas line with the existing utilities along the project alignment belonging to the City of Coquitlam, City of Burnaby, City of Vancouver, and third-party utility owners including BC Hydro, Telus and Shaw. To help define the final, issued for construction design of the replacement gas line, over 250 utility locates were identified for daylighting via trench excavation and hydro-vaccing.
- Comprehensive program leadership/management
- Led program definition
- Contract assembly on behalf of the client
- Management of the procurement stage of the program
- Acted as lead contact with all program stakeholders (municipalities/third parties)
- Management of the prime contractor for the program, including RFIs, contemplated change orders, issued change orders, progress payment review and recommendation on behalf of the client