Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) lead the Highway 91/17 Upgrade Project, to improve travel safety and efficiency by improving existing Highway 91, 17 and the 91 Connector. The brief scope of the upgrades included a new Highway 91 at Nordel Interchange including upgraded ramps to and from Delta, Highway 91 Connector at Nordel Way intersection upgrades. As well a new interchange at Highway 17 and Highway 91 (Sunbury) and improvements to the River Road Connection.
RAM was retained by MoTI to provide project Quality Management services, ensuring that the Quality Management System requirements for the Project are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard. RAM’s role included:
- Development and implementation of the ministry’s Quality Plan and related procedures to ensure an effective project quality management system;
- Reviewing/accepting Design Builder Quality Management Plans and records including Inspection and Test Plans and work plans to ensure contract compliance;
- Monitoring and auditing daily site work activities to ensure compliance with the Design Builder’s quality management plans, procedures, work plans and inspections and test plans;
- Act as an expert resource and primary representative for the ministry on all maters relating to quality management;
- Supporting the ministry’s site personnel (Project Manager, Construction Mangers, and Field Representatives) in issuing/communicating opportunities for improvement and nonconformance as an output from field surveillance and audits;
- Champion of continuous improvement and collaboration with the Design Builder and End User to prevent reoccurrence of rework or deficiency items and actively working with all stakeholders to close out deficiencies; and
- Auditing ongoing work to ensure records are complete and accurate in preparation for project completion.