Metro Vancouver required an emergency repair and replacement of a corroded sanitary sewer pipe that spans over Cypress Creek in West Vancouver. The steel pipe was located on a CN Railroad trestle at Burkeridge Place and Burkehill Road. The project required installation of a bypass, repairing of existing steel pipe, high angle inspection, flagging/coordination with CN, demolition/removal of existing bypass and required the use of rail equipment for stringing out the by-pass piping, crane work and excavation.
RAM’s inspectors were responsible for oversight of the time and materials contracts, to keep track of the work and provide some technical direction where necessary. RAM was able to adapt to last minute changes in project schedules in order to aid in the timely completion of the project. Other responsibilities included:
- Providing a daily inspection report containing site activities and photos
- Reporting to the Project Engineers, keeping informed of progress and communication of site issues.
- Tracking time & materials and reviewing with P. Eng when requested
- Submitting weekly timesheet
- Completing CN’s Orientation